A beginner-level training camp that concludes with the Dare2tri Tri It Triathlon.Registration Closed
Registration opens February 2024
Learn2Tri Camp is a beginner-level training camp for individuals with physical disabilities or visual impairments. It is geared toward those who have never completed a triathlon or athletes who have completed up to two triathlons.
Camp activities will focus on the basics of paratriathlon, including swimming, cycling, running/pushing, transition, nutrition, equipment maintenance, and more. At the conclusion of camp, athletes are invited to put their skills to the test at the Tri It Triathlon.
- Instruction and clinics in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing and triathlon transition
- Access to adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers and sighted guides
- High-level training from certified coaches and mentor athletes
- Lodging arrangements (double occupancy)
- Dare2tri tech T-shirts and tri top
- Entry into the Dare2tri Tri It Triathlon
Camp activities and lodging are located in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (about 45 minutes from Chicago).
Dare2tri provides ground transportation from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport to the camp hotel and back. Individuals must arrive at ORD prior to 4 p.m. Thursday, August 3 and depart after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 6.
If you arrive after 4 p.m. on Thursday, you will be responsible for your own transportation to the hotel.
Individuals with a demonstrated financial need may apply for a scholarship and/or travel stipend. Applicants must apply BEFORE registering for camp.
In order to ensure that we are to offer this experience to as many athletes as possible, Dare2tri has implemented the following refund policy for all paratriathlon camps.
- $25 of the registration cost serves as an application fee and is non-refundable.
- Cancel 60 days or more out: 100% refund (minus $25 application fee)
- Cancel 30-59 days out: 50% refund (minus $25 application fee)
- Cancel 29 days or less out: no refund given
Scholarships are available; however, the $25 application fee is the minimum cost to attend. If a scholarship or travel stipend recipient cancels within 30 days of the event, they will not be able to apply for another scholarship or other financial assistance for one (1) calendar year except in extenuating circumstances.