A beginner-level training camp that concludes with the Dare2tri Tri It Triathlon.Registration Closed
Registration Opening February 6
Learn2Tri Camp is a beginner-level training camp for individuals with physical disabilities or visual impairments. It is geared toward those who have never completed a triathlon or athletes who have completed up to two triathlons.
Camp activities will focus on the basics of paratriathlon, including swimming, cycling, running/pushing, transition, nutrition, equipment maintenance, and more. At the conclusion of camp, athletes are invited to put their skills to the test at the Tri It Triathlon.
- Instruction and clinics in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing and triathlon transition
- Access to adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers and sighted guides
- High-level training from certified coaches and mentor athletes
- Lodging arrangements (single occupancy)
- Dare2tri tech T-shirts and tri top
- Entry into the Dare2tri Tri It Triathlon
Camp activities and lodging are located in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (about 45 minutes from Chicago).
Dare2tri provides ground transportation from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport to the camp hotel and back. Individuals must arrive at ORD between 1 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, August 3 and depart after 1 p.m. on Sunday, August 6.
Individuals with a demonstrated financial need may apply for a scholarship and/or travel stipend. Applicants must apply BEFORE registering for camp.