A paratriathlon training camp open exclusively to veterans.Registration Closed
About this camp
Injured Military Camp is a paratriathlon training camp exclusively for veterans and active military personnel. Camp concludes with Leon’s Triathlon, a race that pays special tribute to active and retired military.
This program is open to any service member or veteran with a physical disability, visual impairment, traumatic brain injury, or PTS.
- Instruction and clinics in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing and triathlon transition.
- Education in Paratriathlon 101: An educational session about paratriathlon opportunities, from grassroots to the Paralympic pipeline.
- Access to adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers/guides.
- High-level training from certified coaches and mentor athletes.
- Double occupancy lodging and ground transportation covered. Limited travel stipends are offered to any qualifying injured military or veteran.
- Dare2tri tech T-shirt and tri top.
- Entry into Leon’s Triathlon on Sunday, June 2, 2024.
The camp is hosted in Northwest Indiana, a short drive from Chicago. Camp activities are split between Munster and Hammond, Indiana. Lodging is located in Hammond.
Dare2tri provides ground transportation from Chicago’s Midway Airport to the camp hotel and back. Individuals must arrive at MDW prior to 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 1 and depart after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 4.
If you arrive after 4 p.m. on Thursday, you will be responsible for your own transportation to the hotel.
- $25 per participant (includes up to three nights of hotel accommodations)
- Individuals with a demonstrated financial need may apply for a scholarship and/or travel stipend. Applicants must apply BEFORE registering for camp.
In order to ensure that we are to offer this experience to as many athletes as possible, Dare2tri has implemented the following refund policy for all paratriathlon camps.
- $25 of the registration cost serves as an application fee and is non-refundable.
- Cancel 60 days or more out: 100% refund (minus $25 application fee)
- Cancel 30-59 days out: 50% refund (minus $25 application fee)
- Cancel 29 days or less out: no refund given
Scholarships are available; however, the $25 application fee is the minimum cost to attend. If a scholarship or travel stipend recipient cancels within 30 days of the event, they will not be able to apply for another scholarship or other financial assistance for one (1) calendar year except in extenuating circumstances.
This program is funded in part by a grant from the US Department of Veteran Affairs. The opinions, findings and conclusions stated herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the US Department of Veterans Affairs.