A paratriathlon training camp open exclusively to veterans.Registration Closed
About this camp
Injured Military Camp is a paratriathlon training camp exclusively for veterans and active military personnel. Camp concludes with Leon’s Triathlon, a race that pays special tribute to active and retired military.
This program is open to any service member or veteran with a physical disability, visual impairment, traumatic brain injury, or PTS.
- Instruction and clinics in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing and triathlon transition.
- Education in Paratriathlon 101: An educational session about paratriathlon opportunities, from grassroots to the Paralympic pipeline.
- Access to adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers/guides.
- High-level training from certified coaches and mentor athletes.
- Single occupancy lodging and ground transportation covered. Limited travel stipends are offered to any qualifying injured military or veteran.
- Dare2tri tech T-shirt and tri top.
- Entry into Leon’s Triathlon on Sunday, June 6.
Dare2tri provides ground transportation from Chicago’s Midway Airport to the camp hotel and back. Individuals must arrive at MDW between 1 and 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 3 and depart after 1 p.m. on Sunday, June 6.
COVID-19 safety procedures
Dare2tri partnered with Advocate Health Care’s Dr. Philip Skiba and his medical team to develop COVID-19 guidelines that will ensure a safe return to in-person programming. Please review the guidelines before registering for Injured Military Camp.
- $25 per participant.
- Financial assistance is available for those with a demonstrated need.
This program is funded in part by a grant from the US Department of Veteran Affairs. The opinions, findings and conclusions stated herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the US Department of Veterans Affairs.