Through the Ability Fund, Dare2tri provides financial and equipment grants to eligible athletes who have a physical disability or visual impairment. The goal of the Ability Fund is to eliminate the barrier of high-priced equipment, travel, coaching, and race entry fees.
Due to COVID-19, the summer 2020 round of the Ability Fund is primarily geared toward athletes with a demonstrated commitment to virtual training and racing opportunities.
Get the funding you need
Starting Monday, August 10, athletes may apply for grants in one the following categories:
- Home workout equipment, bike maintenance, or virtual race entry (up to $250)
- Indoor bike trainers (i.e. basic or smart trainer setups, dependent on athlete ability level)
Eligibility to apply for an Ability Fund grant includes:
- Active Dare2tri participation in the past 18 months (please review the application guidelines for specific details)
- Discussion of eligibility with Dare2tri staff and agreement from coach/program staff to write a letter of recommendation
- Demonstrated financial need
The deadline to submit an Ability Fund grant application is Sunday, August 23.