Last updated: June 17, 2021
The following safety guidelines were developed in conjunction with Dr. Philip Skiba and his team. Dr. Skiba and his team will be providing on-site medical care at Dare2tri’s camps and clinics taking place in 2021.
Please read through these guidelines carefully before registering for or attending any Dare2tri program or event.
1. Individuals with proof of vaccination can be mask-free while outdoors while maintaining a 6-foot distance.
- Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or two weeks after receiving one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
2. Unvaccinated individuals will need to remain masked. All individuals should be masked while indoors, in common areas, or on the Dare2tri bus.
3. Overnight camp participants must provide documentation of having had both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine OR obtain a COVID-19 test within 48 hours prior to departing for camp.
1. Non-vaccinated coaches, officials, staff, volunteers, and spectators will wear a mask covering their nose and mouth fully at all times and social distance at least 6 feet from others who are not within the same household when within the venue.
- The only exception for social distancing will be if an athlete requires assistance, such as assistance getting on or off a cycle/race chair or cycle preparation.
- The assistant will wear a mask fully covering their nose and mouth and will clean their hands with hand sanitizer just prior to assisting.
- Any indoor work requires use of an N95 or FFP2 mask and eye protection (safety goggles, face-shields or wrap-around sunglasses).
- Any hands-on work with an athlete outdoors requires use of an N95 of FFP2 mask and eye protection (safety goggles, face-shields or wrap-around sunglasses).
2. Non-vaccinated athletes must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth fully at all times outside, except when an athlete is actively cycling/running/pushing.
3. Non-vaccinated athletes and pilots/guides will wear a mask covering their nose and mouth fully while riding a tandem bike and running tethered together. The only exception is if both the athlete and guide are fully vaccinated.
4. Athletes must social distance at least 6 feet from others who are not within the same household when within the venue, except as outlined above when an athlete requires assistance for getting on/off their cycle/chair or for mobility.
5. Spectators must follow all the general COVID-19 guidelines for social distancing and masking.
6. All cycling/running/pushing equipment will be cleaned/sanitized with EPA List N cleaner before and after each use.
1. All coaches, athletes, officials, staff, volunteers, assistants and spectators will wear a mask at all times while indoors, completely covering their nose and mouth, and social distance at least 6 feet from others who are not within the same household when within the venue.
- The only exceptions are when an athlete needs assistance with entering/exiting the pool, swimming, requiring a tapper during their event, or needs assistance with mobility (e.g. wheelchair propulsion around the venue). Assistants will wear N95/FFP2 masks and will clean their hands with hand sanitizer just prior to assisting.
- Only coaches, athletes, officials, staff, assistants and volunteers are allowed on the pool deck area.
- Family and spectators will not be allowed on the pool deck unless they are providing one on one support to an athlete with prior permission.
2. Athletes must comply with the mask requirements, except when the athlete is in the water.
- A storage basket will be available on the pool deck. After an athlete removes their mask, they may place their mask in an athlete-provided zip-lock bag, seal the bag and place it in the basket.
- Upon completion of their swim session and exiting the water, the athlete may remove their sealed zip-lock bag from the basket, put it on properly over the mouth and nose, keep or dispose of the bag, and sanitize their hands.
3. All starting blocks, baskets, and other equipment will be sprayed with an EPA list N cleaner after each use.
Applies to overnight camps only
1. All eating will take place outdoors.
- In the event of rain, meals will take place under a tent with open sides and maintain a distance of 6 feet from others. Participants must wear masks unless actively eating/drinking.
- All meals will be individually packed/bagged. Buffet-style is not permitted.
2. Mealtimes will be staggered to allow for social distancing.
3. Athletes will maintain personal water bottles.
Applies to overnight camps only
1. All passengers must be masked at all times.
2. All passengers should sanitize hands when boarding vehicle.
3. No eating or drinking in the vehicle.
4. All transportation vehicles are to be limited to half capacity.
5. Seating will be staggered left/right from front to back to allow for distancing.
6. If possible, vehicle will have windows open for increased air flow.