A training camp geared towards experienced paratriathletes.Registration Closed
Registration opens February 2024
Train2Race Camp is geared towards experienced paratriathletes who want to take their racing skills to the next level. The camp is open to anyone who has completed a minimum of two Sprint-distance triathlons within the last 16 months without an on-course guide (excluding visually impaired athletes who use sighted guides). In addition to paratriathlon training, participants will learn race preparation, strategy and techniques. At the conclusion of camp, athletes will take on the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon.
- Advanced skill instruction in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing and triathlon transition
- Access to adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers and sighted guides
- High-level training from certified coaches and mentor athletes
- Lodging arrangements (double occupancy)
- Dare2tri tech T-shirts and tri top
- Entry into the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon
Camp activities and lodging are located in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (about 45 minutes from Chicago).
Dare2tri provides ground transportation from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport to the camp hotel and back. Individuals must arrive at ORD prior to 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 22 and depart after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 25.
If you arrive after 4 p.m. on Thursday, you will be responsible for your own transportation to the hotel.
Individuals with a demonstrated financial need may apply for a scholarship and/or travel stipend. Applicants must apply BEFORE registering for camp.
In order to ensure that we are to offer this experience to as many athletes as possible, Dare2tri has implemented the following refund policy for all paratriathlon camps.
- $25 of the registration cost serves as an application fee and is non-refundable.
- Cancel 60 days or more out: 100% refund (minus $25 application fee)
- Cancel 30-59 days out: 50% refund (minus $25 application fee)
- Cancel 29 days or less out: no refund given
Scholarships are available; however, the $25 application fee is the minimum cost to attend. If a scholarship or travel stipend recipient cancels within 30 days of the event, they will not be able to apply for another scholarship or other financial assistance for one (1) calendar year except in extenuating circumstances.