A training camp geared towards experienced paratriathletes. Scholarships available!Registration Closed
About this camp
Train2Race Camp is geared towards experienced paratriathletes who want to take their racing skills to the next level. The camp is open to anyone who has completed a minimum of three triathlons without an on-course guide (excluding visually impaired athletes who use sighted guides). In addition to paratriathlon training, participants will learn race preparation, strategy and techniques. At the conclusion of camp, athletes will take on the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon.
The 2022 Pleasant Prairie Triathlon is a part of the USA Paratriathlon Development Race Series. The aim of the series is to provide increased domestic competitive opportunities for the nation’s emerging and developing paratriathletes.
- Advanced skill instruction in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing and triathlon transition
- Access to adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers and sighted guides
- High-level training from certified coaches and mentor athletes
- Lodging arrangements (single occupancy)
- Dare2tri tech T-shirts and tri top
- Entry into the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon
Camp activities and lodging are located in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (about 45 minutes from Chicago).
Dare2tri provides ground transportation from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport to the camp hotel and back. Individuals must arrive at ORD between 1 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 23 and depart after 1 p.m. on Sunday, June 26.
To ensure the health and safety of our community, all participating athletes and volunteers (ages 18 and up) are required to show proof of vaccination to attend Dare2tri camps. Masks are preferred in indoor spaces, although the majority of camp is held outdoors. Policy is subject to change. Dare2tri will continue to monitor best practices and guidelines as suggested by the CDC.
- $375 for two nights of hotel accommodations (Friday & Saturday)
- $450 for three nights of lodging (Thursday, Friday & Saturday)
Individuals with a demonstrated financial need may apply for a scholarship and/or travel stipend. Applicants must apply BEFORE registering for camp.