A training camp geared towards experienced paratriathletes. Scholarships available!
$450 for 3 nights of lodgingRegister Now
About this camp
Train2Race Camp is geared towards experienced paratriathletes who want to take their racing skills to the next level. The camp is open to anyone who has completed a minimum of three triathlons without an on-course guide (excluding visually impaired athletes who use sighted guides). In addition to paratriathlon training, participants will learn race preparation, strategy and techniques. At the conclusion of camp, athletes will take on the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon.
This year, the Pleasant Prairie Tri has been designated as the site of the 2021 PATCO Americas Triathlon Para Championships. This elite international race serves as a World Triathlon Paralympic Games country qualifier, where many athletes will officially punch their ticket for the Tokyo Games. Join us for a special opportunity to race this course!
- Advanced skill instruction in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing and triathlon transition
- Access to adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers and sighted guides
- High-level training from certified coaches and mentor athletes
- Lodging arrangements (single occupancy)
- Dare2tri tech T-shirts and tri top
- Entry into the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon
Dare2tri provides ground transportation from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport to the camp hotel and back. Individuals must arrive at ORD between 1 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 24 and depart after 1 p.m. on Sunday, June 27.
COVID-19 safety procedures
Dare2tri partnered with Advocate Health Care’s Dr. Philip Skiba and his medical team to develop COVID-19 guidelines that will ensure a safe return to in-person programming. Please review the guidelines before registering for Train2Race Camp.
- $375 for two nights of hotel accommodations OR $450 for three nights of hotel accommodations
- Financial assistance is available to those with a demonstrated need.