Through the Ability Fund, Dare2tri provides financial and equipment grants to eligible athletes who have a physical disability or visual impairment. The goal of the Ability Fund is to eliminate the barrier of high-priced equipment, travel, coaching, and race entry fees.
Get the funding you need
Starting Monday, March 22, athletes may apply for grants in one of the following categories:
- Home workout equipment
- Indoor bike trainers (i.e. basic or smart trainer setups, dependent on athlete ability level)
- Adaptive sports equipment
- Sports-specific prosthetics
- Coaching & training
- Race/travel assistance
Eligibility to apply for an Ability Fund grant includes:
- Active Dare2tri participation in the past 18 months (please review the application guidelines for specific details)
- Discussion of eligibility with Dare2tri staff and agreement from coach/program staff to write a letter of recommendation
- Demonstrated financial need
The deadline to submit an Ability Fund grant application is Sunday, April 4.