A 4-week virtual training program open exclusively to injured veterans.Registration Closed
About this program
This is a free, 4-week virtual cycling program for veterans with a physical disability, visual impairment, traumatic brain injury or post traumatic stress. The program features accessible in-home training with dedicated Dare2tri coaches. The goal of this program is to build your cycling endurance and strength over the 4 weeks and conclude with a group long ride on our last day. Participants can be entry-level or intermediate cyclists.
Weekly training sessions
- (1) 60-minute cycling session per week.
- (1) 30-minute functional strength session per week.
- (1) 30-minute health & wellness session per week, including yoga, meditation and breathwork.
- (1) 30-minute educational session per week. Topics will cover nutrition, bike maintenance, race strategy, and more.
View the weekly schedule to ensure this works with your personal schedule. We expect everyone to participate in the “private group” sessions to the best of their ability.
In addition, participants can supplement their training with existing free virtual opportunities that are open to all Dare2tri participants and volunteers.
1-on-1 communication with a Dare2tri coach
We’re here to help. Each week, you and a Dare2tri coach will connect (email, phone or text) so you can stay on top of your goals, ask questions, and stay motivated.
What you need to participate
- Personal bike (upright, handcycle, recumbent, etc).
- Stationary bike trainer (Dare2tri can lend you a trainer if needed, limited availability).
- Bike speed and cadence sensor (Dare2tri can lend you a sensor if needed, limited availability).
- Personal device (computer, tablet, phone, etc.) that is capable of using the Zoom platform for virtual meetings.
Participants who borrow a trainer and bike sensor will need to send the equipment back to Dare2tri upon completion of the program. Dare2tri will cover the shipping to and from your location.
- Dare2tri military tech shirt.
- Fitness equipment (yoga mat and resistance bands) for strength and yoga sessions.
- One-month access to the Zwift training app so you can train with your community.
- A second free month of Zwift if you attend all 4 “veteran only” bike sessions