Dare2tri is seeking an aspiring videographer to join its Chicago-based team as a Video Production & Marketing Intern. This summer internship will offer the opportunity to both learn new skills and demonstrate your ability to create video content for the web and social media.
Dare2tri is a non-profit organization with the mission to enhance the lives of individuals with physical disabilities and visual impairments by building confidence, community, health and wellness through swimming, biking, and running.
The Video Production & Marketing Intern will work closely with the Communications & Content Director on various projects that include capturing footage of Dare2tri athletes, staff, and activities to create short videos representing the spirit and mission of Dare2tri. Applicants should be highly collaborative, creative thinkers with a passion for capturing and editing compelling video and a desire to work within the non-profit sector.
- Video camera or DSLR
- Computer with video editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
- Ability to transport to events in Chicago, Pleasant Prairie, WI, and Hammond, IN (all within an hour of Chicago)
- Shooting footage at Dare2tri programs, camps, and clinics
- Creating shot lists and storyboards
- Editing footage to create short promotional/educational videos
- Attending staff meetings and planning sessions
- Attending practices and camps as needed (schedule TBD)
- Knowledge and experience working with a video camera or DSLR
- Experience using video editing software (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
- Passion for videography and digital media
- Mission driven and excited to use skills to help grow a small nonprofit
To Apply: Please send a resume and short cover letter to Communications & Content Director Kyle Nowaczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Video Intern” in the subject line. Work samples (portfolio, reel, etc.) are a plus. Applications received will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended.
Dare2tri is committed to a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals and all others are encouraged to apply.